Game of Thrones fan?
Musical Theatre Buff?
Test your knowledge with this quiz!
Below you’ll find 55 quotes. Each quote is from Game of Thrones (the HBO Series based on the books by George R.R. Martin) or Into The Woods (the Stephen Sondheim & James Lapine musical). Can you guess which is which? (A link to the answer key is below the quiz. No cheating!)
1. Never forget what you are. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you.
2. We all have to go to battle!
3. Wishes come true, not free.
4. The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.
5. If it were up to you, a decision would have never been made.
6. Let the animal die a slow, painful, agonizing death!
7. I didn’t ask to be born a king, and I’m not perfect.
8. A madman sees what he sees.
9. I’m not good. I’m not nice. I’m just right.
10. The light is getting dimmer…
11. You can talk to birds?
12. Go to the wood!
13. I don’t want to be his Queen. I want to go home.
14. I thought you died in a baking accident!
15. He won’t be a boy forever.
16. Winter is coming.
17. Sometimes the things you most wish for are not to be touched.
18. I do not have a gentle heart.
19. The giant’s a woman!
20. Ask a wolf’s mother.
21. Not today.
22. I really hate that woman.
23. I’ve never lied to royalty before.
24. I was raised to be charming, not sincere.
25. When you’re dead, you’re dead.
26. Whatever their price, I’ll beat it. I like living.
27. We can make it so.
28. How could I have shielded you from her? Or them?
29. Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know about fear?
30. The trees are just wood.
31. I buried her in a footprint.
32. Quick tempers, slow minds.
33. …the truth will be what you make it.
34. The prettier the flower, the farther from the path.
35. I was just trying to be a good mother!
36. Dwarfs are very upsetting.
37. He has charm for a prince I guess…
38. This is no longer a game for two players.
39. Just give me the boy.
40. Foolishness can happen in the woods.
41. You know you shouldn’t insult people that are bigger than you are.
42. No knot unties itself.
43. No more curses you can’t undo left by fathers you never knew.
44. You be careful with your children.
45. No one can survive in this world without help.
46. It’s hard to put a leash on a dog once you’ve put a crown on its head.
47. I see you’ve the red cape.
48. It’s better to be cruel than weak.
49. The darkness will swallow the dawn.
50. You don’t want to live in a world of chaos.
51. It takes patience and fear and despair to change.
52. Nobody cares what your father once told you.
53. If you know what you want then you go and you find it and you get it.
54. Careful the things you say.
55. If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention.
Use the answer key at https://nicoleantoniacarro.wordpress.com/2014/04/12/403/ to score yourself and see your result. Give yourself a point for each correct answer. GOOD LUCK!